Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lots of updates!

Ok so it's been a while again. I'm sorry. We are so busy all the time and I just never seem to be able to find time. At least I think about it though!




At any rate - we went on vacation in mid-June. Had an absolute ball. Our first vacation together for all 6 of us and mom and dad went to. We went to their condo in Naples Florida. We were actually really dreading the drive - the plan was to drive straight thru - about 16 hours. 2 adults and 4 kids in the car. We really weren't too excited about the drive. So at any rate we did it. We stopped in Atlanta for about 2 hours or so and met my sister Laura and my niece Julie at Hard Rock for dinner. I really really miss my sister and hate the fact that I don't get to see her all the time.

So really for the most part - the drive was great. The kids were wonderful. We got to Naples at 6am. We were on the beach by sunrise. No we were excited at all. :)

So the vacation was great - everyone got along. Actually everyone got along better than we thought they would. The kids didn't fight - which is unusual. Usually there always something that has somebody in fits. We spent a lot of time on the beach, in the ocean, and at the pool.





Cassie in the ocean the morning we arrived on Vanderbilt Beach.











Me and the girls the morning we arrived.




Samantha learned several ways to flip in the pool.













Cassie, Samantha, and I.








Yes a picture of Dave and I does exist.













And for those of you how are wondering where exactly all my awesome photographs are - sorry. I can't post them on here. Simple reason - if I want to sell them - I can't post them anywhere. Sorry.

Oh yeah - I guess I should tell you what else we did on vacation. We decided to go to Harley to look at T-shirts and stuff. Harley Davidson of Naples lets you test drive the bikes. A lot of dealerships don't let you do this. This was actually the first one we had been to that let you. so we went there the morning before we left and rode bike after bike. Had a ball. We really miss riding. We missed it so much that we bought a bike. We bought in Florida and then had to have it shipped home. I haven't told mom and dad yet - considering that technically the bike hasn't been our possession for even a week yet (yes it took 2 1/2 weeks for it to arrive). So dad I know you will read this at some point. We bought a bike and we are sorry we didn't tell you - but we know how you feel about motorcycles.

So the bike is used. A 1994 Dyna Wide Glide. It's got LOADS of chrome on it. The guy that had it before put tons of extras on it. It only has 23k miles on it. We got it cheap. We can afford it. Put it this way - we did away with Direct TV so our finances don't change. We like the bike better than TV anyway. LOL.

Dave's mom stayed at the house while we were gone to take care of all the animals. Zeus plowed into Naciye and hurt her pretty bad. She's ok now - but for about 2 weeks she was hurting pretty good. My last female guinea hen got run over while we were gone too. So we only had 5 adult males left. Sigh. I took the eggs out of her nest and now have 24 eggs in the incubator. They should hatch around the 20th. Hey that's only a week away! Cool.
The 12 guinea keets - well I let them out of their enclosure to clean it and well they disappeared. Seriously - I saw them and then 30 minutes later when I went to bring them back in - they were GONE. I searched for an hour. Couldn't hear them, see them - nothing. I searched for 2 days after that. No sign of them at all. Then I guess my adult guineas herded home 4 females. I have no idea where they found them - but at least they brought home a few of them. So needless to say - I will be keeping all the ones that hatch from this batch since I wouldn't have anymore eggs this year.
Everyone else is great. Been riding the horses a lot more than normal. I ride with Carla, who lives behind us and has 80 acres. Daily tags along with us when we go so that I don't have to leave him home alone. He gets his exercise with all the running he does.
We had our July 4th party. It rained and it rained and it rained. So we didn't get to set off all the fireworks we bought. We've rescheduled the fireworks for July 18th for this who want to come.
So alot of work to do. Lots of projects. We need to start on building the barn. Our neighbor is getting his brothers backhoe so we can dig out of the footers. Anybody have about 500 cinderblocks???? LOL
Need to run for now. I've spent way too much time on here already.

No comments:

Post a Comment