Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Too much happening...

Things are so busy around here. I can't keep up. I can't even find the time to post on here. I want to include pictures so I don't post by using my phone. Maybe I should that way people can stay updated.



We've been busy this month. We are still working on taking the barn down. Well for the most part it is down - just needs to come home. We actually got the whole barn down in a matter of about 7 days working about 5 hours a day. We did almost the entire tear down process in the rain, board by board. We had no machinery. We used hammers, pry bars, ropes, and one 32 foot ladder. Many people told us we couldn't do it. But we did. The rain did not let up for weeks. When it did stop raining, we had to wait for the field to dry out so we can get the trucks and trailers in there without getting stuck. As soon as it got close to dry enough, it rained again. Ugh. We couldn't win at all. Last weekend we finally got good weather to get more home. All the rafters and beams are home now. We have about about 5 trailer loads left and we should be done this weekend. Then we have to put it back up! I'll do a whole post as soon as I can with pictures of the demo process.



All the kids are doing great. Samantha is done with school. She graduated from preschool. How cute is that! A preschool graduation and certificate. Cassie has one more week left and then she is done. Actually it's 4 days. I am not sure if I am ready for school to be out. On one hand I am happy not to have to leave the house in the morning to get her to school, but on the other hand that means they are home with me all the time. How will I ever get anything done?? I think I am going to start putting them to work.

We leave for Florida in about 2 weeks. We are so ready for a little vacation.......

All the animals are good. The horses have a new field full of grass to eat so they are happy. The guinea keets hatched a couple weeks ago now - 16 total. I did pretty good for my first incubation! I think I know where the new nest is now, so I will gather eggs again after we get home from Florida. I will probably start selling the keets as I don't need that many. We have 7 full grown guineas and now 16 babies. But then again last year I started with 18 and now down to 7. They aren't the brightest creatures on earth. But I sure love them. Their personalities are great and I love it when they sing to me. I have a video of it somewhere. I need to post that.

The puppies are growing by leaps and bounds. I can't believe how big they are. Zeus is over 50 pounds now his back is over my knees already and Nacy is about 45 pounds or so. She is a couple inches shorter than he is. Of course keep in mind that they are 18 weeks old!

I better run for now. I am at the library posting this because I just had to do an update... No more long intervals like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment