Monday, September 6, 2010

Next step - dirt moving...

Sometimes there is work to be done that I really don't enjoy. Today was one of those days. Dirt moving. Tons of dirt to be moved back up against the foundation walls of the barn. Hours and hours of work... We are more than halfway done, so I guess that is a good thing. I guess I should count ourselves lucky that at least we have a tractor and a blade and we don't have to do it by hand.

So 3/4 of the inside is done - only about 25 feet to go. We still need to finish the 2 long walls on the outside and that will be done. At least until it rains. When it rains it will settle and we will have to fill in some more I am sure.

The girls are really enjoying playing in the dirt. From throwing it, climbing on it, riding bikes over it. They had 2 baths today they were so dirty!

We had a good weekend. My sister is in town from GA visiting. Her, mom, dad, and Reggie came over Sunday for a few hours and visited and had dinner. This was the first time in 5 weeks mom has left the house other than to go to chemo. I'm glad she was able to get out. I'm sure that she is worn out now.

Today our friends Butch and Karen came for dinner. They brought their grandson Luke. He is too cute. He really wasn't sure what to think with all the animals running around. :)

Tomorrow we have to work on the condo and get it finished so it can be rented. The girls have school again to. It was nice to be able to spend a Monday with them today. I don't get to do that much since I am always working on Monday. Back to work for me on Wednesday. These 4 days off sure have flown by...

No comments:

Post a Comment